Shaw and Co Solicitors have long experience of winning compensation for clients who have been injured as a result of accidents at work. Our solicitors in Newcastle upon Tyne have represented victims of work place accidents throughout England and Wales and have dealt with a wide range of claims successfully on behalf of clients.
The types of claims we have settled recently include the following situations.
- Our client was working in a factory when he slipped on water that had been leaking from one of the machines on the factory floor. As a result of his slip he suffered a whiplash type injury, having pulled muscles in his neck and shoulder. On this occasion we were able to agree settlement in the sum of £2,000.00.
- Our client was injured at work when a large unsecured wooden board fell on to her causing soft tissue injuries to her head and neck. This was clearly a failure on the part of the employer to provide a safe workplace and we successfully recovered £1,750.00 on behalf of our client.
- Our client was working as part of a road construction team when he was helping to unload goods from a wagon. In the process he was knocked from the wagon and suffered concussion, head and neck injuries. The case was pursued on the basis of his employers having unsafe working practices and settled in the sum of £9,000.00.
- Our client was working as a maintenance engineer when he was struck by an unsafe light fitting that fell onto him, causing a fracture around his cheekbone. We successfully pursued this claim on the basis that there was a failure to take reasonable care for our client’s safety and our client was awarded the sum of £4,200.00 in compensation for his injuries.
- Our client was employed as a machine operator which required hands on use of a machine which gave off excessive levels of vibration. Our client contracted symptoms of vibration white finger as a result of his employer failing to provide safe work equipment or make reasonable adjustments to our client’s method of working. Our client’s claim was successful and settled in the sum of £13,500.00.
These are examples of the types of cases which we deal with on a regular basis on behalf of our clients.
If you are concerned about a work place accident or work related injury please contact us and we will be happy to advise in respect of your claim.